Thanks for all the comments about my Yard Sale. It actually didn't go so bad, considering our neighbor had a Yard Sale as well. I posted up my signs on Friday, as I was posting a sign down the road, my neighbor told me they were having one as well. I thought to myself, Oh great this will be good & kinda bad. Well, thanks to them, they took most of our business on Saturday! Basically we posted our signs for there yard sale. We didn't have near as much business as they did, because there house was at the entrance of our neighbor hood & ours was further down the road. Some just drove on by, & turned around, didn't even get out to look, because they saw all my baby stuff. Uh, hello we have other things we're selling too people! We did sale $70 dollars worth of stuff. I sold all of Hunter's baby clothes for $40. Yea, I know, I wanted more but they were about to leave, so I wanted to make a good offer for them to buy them. Over all not too bad. None of my baby gear (walker,car seat, etc.) sold, & I thought it was pretty cheap. Anyways, my SIL & I are going to set up at our local Flea Market this Saturday & see what we can sell out there. If nothing else, I'm just going to sell it by web or to a baby store.
On a better note, all of the John Deere party supplies was in stock for Hunter's B-day this morning, so I ordered it. It should be in by next week. Wayne & I are headed to Toysrus this weekend to look for a gift for our little guy. We can't wait. I already bought him the cutest little boots ever! :) Mossy Oak Camo Boots for $12 bucks at Wally-World! What a great deal! He'll be all set for Hunting Season in August!!! :)
Sh... don't tell him! :)
-----
After a long hot day of Yard Selling, my MIL, SIL and I went out to dinner and a movie. It was really nice to enjoy the evening relaxed with no babies/kids! Then Sunday after church we visited my granny back home. It was good to see her & eat some good southern country cooken! She always makes the best foods!
I do have to add this in for my weekend.... Hunter is actually starting to listen & understand things. What I mean.... well Wayne & I have a bedroom full of nature, I mean it when I say it (I'll take pictures to show you all later), but we have 3 mounted deer heads above our bed & computer desk. I sat Hunter on our bed and sat there for 10 minutes or so, teaching and pointing out each deer. Every deer head I would point to, he would look directly at, then he would mutter "dur". Seriously I thought this was the cutest thing. My son is actually starting to learn new things. (this is new & exciting for me, I know all you other mom's out there has been there too at one point) :) Then as we went to my Granny's house she has two deer heads on her wall too, & I asked Hunter, "Where is the deer," he looked & pointed, "Dur". He,he! ~What a sweet heart~ ♥
Hope you all had a great weekend & week to come! God Bless!
------
Please pray for Stellan!!! Go check out MckMamas blog for updates on baby boy Stellan! ♥ My heart cries out to this family! ♥
















1 sweet friend had something to say:
Well that totally stinks that your neighbor stole all the business away! Hopefully you will get a good amount for the remaining items though.
I can't wait to see pictures of Hunter's birthday party. I bet he will really enjoy it!
Post a Comment