Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Birthday Planning ~Early

As most of you may know, my son will be 2 here in another month or so & I’m excited & bummed at the same time.
Bummed about it because my baby is NO LONGER a baby! That really breaks my heart. I’m going to miss cuddling up beside him in our glider at night. I already can’t hold him any longer because he weighs a ton. Ha. It’s sad to think about him growing up but I’m going to make every minute count because we all know we wont get these moments back.

I’m excited because HELLO It’s my son’s Birthday Party!!! Whoo, hoo. Ever since his 1st birthday I have fallen in love with planning for his birthdays. They’re so much fun. We I have already done a few planning. We’re not doing anything big this year, just because he’s still a little small to remember so we figured another party at the house will do for now. He loves Thomas The Train, so mommy & daddy are going to throw him a Thomas theme party. He’s going to love it. We wanted to go with Monster Trucks because he loves his trucks, but thought we’d wait for him to choose that if he wanted it when he got older. We’re going to invite a few close friends & family & maybe have another water slide set up (like we did last year).

I know what your probably thinking, “Isn’t it a little early to be planning”. Ha NO!
I like to plan ahead of time, even if his birthdays not until August 24th. Hehe

Wayne & I are going to visit the Toys-R-us tomorrow while little man’s in school to see what we can pick out for him for his birthday. I’m too excited. We already have some ideas but thought It would be fun to go look together & have a mommy/daddy date. J


Hope you all have a wonderful weekend. God Bless! ♥

PS: Thank you ladies so much for all the advice about the “Tantrums”!!! He has been good for the past 3 days so far, we’ll see how the rest of the week/weekend goes. I think because me & Daddy had our little talk with him over, & over, It helped a little bit. =)

4 sweet friend had something to say:

Meant to be a mom said...

Two years old. Wow! But no worries he may not be a baby anymore but he's still your baby. Always will be.

I am already planning Cooper's b-day in mid September so don't feel bad. The Thomas party will be great. He will have a blast. :)

Abbi said...

aw..i love birthday parties! so much fun! it's bitter sweet! can't wait to see pics!

Stephanie said...

Can't wait to see what you figure out. It's never too early to start planning even though I usually wait until the very last minute.

Alicia W. said...

I say pick a theme that matches his personality and likes. Keep it simple and don't stress out about it. Water slides and sprinklers are fantastic for birthday parties so that will def be a HIT!

Have a great weekend.
http://twobsandme.blogspot.com/2010/07/camping-boob-sweat-summer-oh-my.html